RAISE UP! Practical Discipleship Tools for Today’s Family
Saturday, May 11, 2019
May 11, 2019 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PMThis event is an opportunity for parents, grandparents, and those who love kids to come together for intentional training breakouts that will help encourage and equip you to be the best you can be for your children!
Childcare is available with pre-registration until 5/9.
8:00 AM to 8:30 AM Breakfast, coffee, childcare, registration
8:30 AM to 9:00 AM Opening Session
9:10 AM to 10:15 AM Breakouts (choose one)
10:25 AM to 11:35 AM Breakouts (choose one)
11:45 AM to 12:30 PM Closing Session (Q & A, Prayer, Resourcing)
- How to Raise Up Children in a Social Media Driven World
- Raising children in a tech-obsessed social media world can be tough. Should there be limits in place? What are the dangers? Why can’t they put their phones down? Using lessons from Kirk Cameron’s Engage curriculum, this breakout session will offer practical tools for parents on navigating this crucial topic with their children both young and old.
- How to Raise Up Kids Using Effective Discipline
- Parents can easily make discipline a much bigger and more frustrating challenge than it needs to be. This happens when discipline is solely equated with punishment, which is only a small part of the process of disciplining a child. This breakout will embrace the bigger picture of discipline - a word that means "training." In training our children to become responsible human beings, we teach them the values and skills they need to succeed in life.
- How to Raise Up Teenagers Using Healthy Communication
- The teenage years introduce all kinds of hurdles – both internal and external – that may require a new form of communication with your child. For parents to maintain their role as coach in their child’s life, it is essential that they learn the best strategies for connecting with their teenager. This session will offer real solutions in keeping healthy (and friendly!) communication between you and your teen. From car time to dinner time, we’ll talk about how to utilize every day moments to build respect and trust with your growing child.
- How to Raise Up Children to Know and Love Jesus
- Creating a Biblical foundation for your children, at any stage, can be a daunting task where many parents feel ill-equipped. This exciting session will unpack daily strategies for giving your children a Biblical worldview as they grow up. How do you pray with your kids? What place does the Bible have in your daily family life? You’ll walk away from this session feeling more equipped and ready to add disciple-maker to your toolbelt.