3-3-3 is a simple initiative to help us focus on and share the love of Jesus with the people closest to us. It’s as simple as this:
- 3 People: choose 3 people who are close to you but far from God
- 3 Minutes: pray for them for 3 minutes every day
- 3 o’clock: set an alarm at 3:00 every day to remind you to pray for them
It’s as simple as that – pray for your 3 people for 3 minutes at 3 o’clock every day.
Then the real fun begins.
Paul said this in Colossians 2:4, “pray for us too that God will OPEN A DOOR for our message.” As you are praying for your three people, God will begin to open doors of opportunity, of conversation, of demonstrating love and service to them, of inviting them to join you at church or at life group. And as these doors open – your job is to be bold, be courageous, and walk through the open doors. Have the conversation, do the act of service, make the invitation, and see what happens!
Here are some tips to help you to pray:
- Praise God for making each of us and for loving us so much!
- Ask Him for opportunities and courage to share the good news of Jesus.
- Ask Him to open the ears, mind, and heart of your friends/family.
- THREE DEEP BREATHS: Inhale and say, “Abba," Exhale and say, “I belong to You.”
These trusted orgs have lots of free resources for sharing your story & your faith:
- great article: “Praying for the Lost” (https://www.cru.org/us/en/train-and-grow/leadership-training/starting-a-ministry/start/prayer/praying-for-the-lost.html)
- They also have several different apps available to help share the love of Jesus
The Navigators Evangelism Resources
- Specific blog post: “How to Prepare your Personal Testimony” (https://www.navigators.org/resource/how-to-prepare-your-personal-testimony/)
- North Point church- sermon, “The Three Nots” addresses how and why you share your faith with someone.
- Article from the Gospel Coalition: “Someone I Love Won’t Believe. What Should I do?”
- GROW in the area of sharing your faith: “7 Characteristics of Highly Evangelistic Christians” (Thom Rainer is CEO of LifeWay)