CHURCH CHANGES RESOURCES:
This Week's Readings:
CHURCH CHANGES WEEK 2 (9/17/17)
DAY 1: Acts 16
- There are three accounts in Acts 16 of households who have faith. How are these accounts similar? How are each different?
- What was Paul’s message? (see verses 10, 31) Why does that message have the power to save whole families?
- What questions do you have about this chapter? (Think: Who, What, Where, When, Why, How) To investigate these, use the study notes in your Bible, a Bible dictionary or commentary, or www.com.
- From whom did Timothy learn faith?
- Why is it important that Timothy was taught the Scriptures? What power does the Word of God contain?
- Consider 1 Timothy 1:2 and 2 Timothy 1:2. What encouragement do you find in these verses if you did not learn about faith in your own home as a child?
DAY 3: Colossians 3:12-21
- Reading verses 18-21 in light of verses 12-17, what picture forms in your mind of a Christian home?
- How would you describe your family growing up? How would you describe your family today from your perspective (as a parent, or son/daughter)?
- God can change even the hardest heart, even the most broken family. Spend some time seeking God: Where do you need to forgive or seek forgiveness? How can God equip you to begin to be the change in your family?
- What are God’s instructions in Deuteronomy 11 concerning loving and obeying the Lord within the family?
- Practically speaking, what would it look like to daily model these commands?
- Who are you “raising” in the faith? How is God using you to influence your family or to influence someone else who can bring change to their family?
DAY 5: Acts 16
- Reflect again on what you have read and journaled this week.
- What is your next step to strengthening your family?
- Spend some time praising God for family, confessing where your example is not godly, thanking Him for His grace and love, asking Him to help you lead and influence so that family and others may know Him.
- For additional marriage and family resources visit www.familylife.com or www.focusonthefamily.org. Also, check out the marriage mentoring at Grace church and the upcoming Marriage Seminar on October 14.
It's important to read the Bible on a regular basis. We want to provide resources to help keep you on track. These readings allow you to take a longer look at some of the passages that the teaching pastor referenced during the weekend sermon. Please contact us if you have any questions/issues.
Here is a handy guide on how to study the Bible that may help you!Here is a link for sermon notes: whoisgrace.com/sermons.