Millions of people view pornographic magazines, DVDs, and Web sites each day. What appears to be a secular problem, however, is also prevalent among Christians. Because pornography has seduced a large number of Christians, it has impacted the church in three destructive ways: it creates a dependency that weakens the individual; it causes a disruption of the “covenant” union that weakens marriages; and it results in a distortion in thinking that weakens the ability to relate and function. There is a way out. It will require a commitment and ruthless honesty on your part. Below are immediate steps you can take.
33—Authentic Manhood—A Man & His Traps by Pastor Mike Watson & Rob Glus
This experience challenges and equips men to go below the surface, to look deep into their hearts and explore some areas that are all too easy to ignore but that are critical in their journey toward Authentic Manhood. It introduces a framework and a process that will help men understand what lies behind the manhood traps and beneath the heart idols that can distract them from the truth and the power of the Gospel. Then it unfolds a biblical battle plan that helps men replace specific temptations and struggles with God's better promises. It deals head-on with issues that all of us as men can relate to like sexual lust, the need for control, unfounded fear and the pursuit of significance.
We simply cannot break the chains of sexual lust on willpower alone. It takes the right tools, the power of God’s Word & Spirit and a group of men who will support each other throughout the journey.
To learn more or to join the Authentic Manhood experience, simply email Pastor Mike at . No one but Pastor Mike will see your communication.
Celebrate Recovery has helped people overcome sexual addictions. For many people, their sexual lives and choices are manageable. But for some, what started out as exploration, love or a means to feel better turned out to be something that began to control them. They found themselves in situations where it felt as if they could no longer control our choices. Consider CR if sex has moved from being a healthy part of your life to a destructive obsession. For men, CR would provide very helpful ongoing support after The Man and His Traps experience.
Christian Counseling Associates
Addiction to pornography can be one of the most difficult addictions to overcome. With point and click availability on the internet, many people have fallen into the habit of viewing pornography on a frequent basis. Christian Counseling Associates provides resources to help end pornography use and restore the person to victorious living.
Pornography use has a significant negative effect on the user and his/her loved ones. Research shows that its use is destructive and can cause pain for both the individual and family members. Some effects of pornography use may include:
- Lack of intimacy between spouses
- Increased violence & aggression
- Loss of family through separation or divorce
- Loss of conscience regarding sexual sin
- Increased use of pornography over time
- Although pornography can seem like “sex without consequences,” the impact on a person’s relationships and their spiritual well-being is severe. Eventually, pornography use will end in guilt, shame, and brokenness.
CCA also offers support groups for spouses. Christian Counseling Associates seeks to help those caught in the cycle of pornography use and addiction. Call today, 814-619-0001.
Perhaps you would feel most at ease by talking with one of our site pastors. They can assist you in taking important next steps.
Grace McKean: Pastor Brian Lusky
Grace Harborcreek: Pastor John Tiernan
Grace Girard: Pastor Malcolm Beall
You can also reach out to our staff lead over Care & Support: Pastor Mike Watson
- 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know About Their Kids and Sex: By Anne Marie Miller
- The Trap: A Story to Help Teach Children Modesty and Protect Them from Pornography: by Karmel H. Newell, Dan Burr
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today's Young Kids: by Kristen A Jenson
- Talking to Your Kids About Sex: A Parent-Child Bible Study http://www.covenanteyes.com/2014/04/14/talking-about-sex-bible-study/
- God Made All of Me: A Book to Help Children Protect Their Bodies: by Justin S. Holcomb
- Parenting Today's Adolescent: Helping Your Child Avoid the Traps of the Pre-teen and Teen years: By Dennis Rainey, Barbara Rainey, Bruce Nygren
- Google doc: Multiple resources: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4bPREz7BQodTEJUTV9XdzI1a2c
- Growing Up God's Way for Boys: by Chris Richards
- Growing Up God's Way for Girls: by Chris Richards & Liz Jones
- Why True Love Waits: The Definitive Book on How to Help Your Kids Resist Sexual Pressure: by Josh D. McDowell
- The Story of Me (God's Design for Sex, Book 1): by Brenna Jones , Stan Jones and Joel Spector (Illustrator)
- Cell phone rules for kids: http://www.ahaparenting.com/Ages-stages/tweens/Cell-Phone-Rules-Safe-Responsible-Kids
- The Boogeyman Exists; And He's In Your Child's Back Pocket: Internet Safety Tips For Keeping Your Children Safe Online, Smartphone Safety, Social Media Safety, and Gaming Safety: by Jesse Weinberger
- Building for Freedom By Troy Haas
- Christians & Pornography: Pastor & Church Leadership Resource Guide By Dr. Jay Dennis
- Clean: A Proven Plan for Men Committed to Sexual Integrity By Dr. Doug Weiss
- How Pornography Harms: Today’s Research, Scholarly Perspectives, and Real Life Stories By John Foubert
- I Once Had a Date Named Lust: Breaking Free from Sex and Love Addiction By Dr. Simon Whittaker
- More than Single: Finding Purpose Beyond Porn By Covenant Eyes
- Porn Nation By Michael Leahy
- Pure Desire By Dr. Ted Roberts
- Setting Us Free By Nick J. Stumbo
- What Can I Do About Me? By Rhyll Ann Croshaw
- No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Addiction by Marnie C. Ferree
- Broken Into Beautiful by Gwen Smith
- Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-saturated World by Shannon Ethridge, Stephen Arterburn
- Dirty Girls Come Clean by Crystal Renaud
- Confessions of a Good Christian Girl: The Secrets Women Keep and the Grace That Saves Them by Tammy Maltby
- The Journey-Hope for Spouses Walking Through the Valley of Sexual Addiction by Melissa Haas
Software: Filters, accountability and online support